• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sensation 4G vs G2x-Which is better?

Homeuser66

Sep 11, 2011
U.S.A. Connecticut
Ok, after a Search here for this topic, it has been over 45 minutes and it's still going with no results found. So I apologize if this is a duplicate post.

I am a current BB 9700 user, without the Data plan. I am looking to upgrade and get either the HTC Sensation 4G, or the G2x.

I was wondering what everyone's opinions or findings with these phones. I hear the Sensation is the phone to beat, but the G2x is just as good, and might be better if and when the patch comes out for it.

http://phandroid.com/phones/compare/htc-sensation-4g/vs/t-mobile-g2x

I only plan on using the phone for Calls, texting, some games and apps, to store some files on for quick reference like Excel, PDF, Word. Occasional Google Searches and forum posts. Nothing major. So, the $10/month Data plan probably will be sufficient for me.

What are your opinions?

Have you tried searching in the respective phone's forums? I have commented specifically on the differences between the two, based on having owned both.

In a nutshell, I think the G2x's ear piece and speaker are louder/clearer, and frame rates for video playback are better. However the Sensation's cellular reception is better, but I feel it is average to sub par at best, when compared to my Motorola phones, on the same networks.

Regarding the "$10 data plan", I don't think that you'll be able to qualify for that on T-Mobile, with a T-Mobile branded phone, if that was your goal. A T-Mobile branded phone on AT&T's network would qualify for AT&T's $10 plan.

Upvote 0
Regarding the "$10 data plan", I don't think that you'll be able to qualify for that on T-Mobile, with a T-Mobile branded phone, if that was your goal. A T-Mobile branded phone on AT&T's network would qualify for AT&T's $10 plan

I have T-Mobile (don't plan on going anywhere yet) and I know I can have the $10/month DATA with it, as I had it when I first bought the G2x back in the spring/early summer and took it back, unless you know something I don't know?

I did try searching the forums, but the search thing took over 45 minutes more than once in different browsers all did the same thing. So that is why I posted here. Perhaps you can send me that link of your post? I would love to read more about the phones before we choose again.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about the $10/mo. "web2go" (unlimited data), or $10/mo. "limited data" plan? T-Mobile Android phones should "not" qualify for the "web2go" unlimited data plans is all I was trying to say.

As far as the Sensation vs. G2x, just go to the T-Mobile G2x forum, and "Search this forum" for "Sensation". 24 threads with posts about both phones...not just mine.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about the $10/mo. "web2go" (unlimited data), or $10/mo. "limited data" plan? T-Mobile Android phones should "not" qualify for the "web2go" unlimited data plans is all I was trying to say.

Thanks! I was talking about the 10/mo for I think 2 GB or something like that..That is what the rep told me...and I will look further into the forums...the "Search" didn't work the other day or was running slow for me for some reason...I just checked it now, and its working again...maybe they were doing some maintenance?...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones