• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sensation - now with 16GB internal memory?

TheSuper

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
Just read the following over at XDA Developers forum. Looks like HTC Sensation will come with 16GB internal memory onboard! Fantastic news if true! :)

HTC Sensation with 16GB internal Memory! - xda-developers

@Hi_webcare on your website there is a 16gb sensation but HTC said at the announcing that there is 1gb internal. Last minute change?

@morenoghunte Hi, there is a new version with bigger internal memory

My suspicion is that they might be packing a 16gb card, rather than internal. BUT....If that is true, I will be so pumped. Memory was a big sticking point in my indecision between the sensation and that galaxy s2. If they do beef up the internal, I will definitely be swayed towards the sensation. Lets hope.

And htc....release this damn thing soon please

Edit: Upon further inspection here http://shop.www.hi.nl/hi/RAPRD/HTC-Sensation-16GB/THTSEN16gy.html?NLAffiliate=WEBGAINS&siteid=1113

...I see that the where the 16gb is listed is clearly within a little SD card icon. I am the sadness. Wish it was internal.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily, what would be the icon that denotes the difference between memory card and internal memory? Maybe the website in question hasn't got one? Possibly the website using that icon is just letting the public know it has got 16GB of memory, while the ones of us that are interested are wondering what sort of memory it is....

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ian

Upvote 0
I checked it to and it's a Dutch website to which I am aswell hehe, and if you keep your mouse on the 16gb icon it just says in Dutch ''Memory space: 16GB''. However checking the Samsung Galaxy S II as a double check (here: Samsung Galaxy S2, Reviews, Specificaties, Aanbiedingen ), will show there's no icon at all, so perhaps still it could mean that the HTC Sensation according to this website gets shipped with a 16 Gigabyte sd card.

Reactions: Beaker491
Upvote 0
Just read this blog post:

HTC Sensation - A Detailed Look At The Powerhouse Smartphone !

which says the Sensation only has 1GB onboard memory but does come with an 8GB microSD card which can be upgraded to 32GB.

It's released next week. When are the reviews going to come out?

day maybe two? there is a REAL emphasis because mostly everyone wants to compare the Sensation and the Galaxy S II.

Main differences are benchmarks and screen - what you can't really compare by looking at a spreadsheet of differences in their specs

I imagine it'll be at the top of the review sites agendas. Let alone all of the youtube - reviewers.

Upvote 0
day maybe two? there is a REAL emphasis because mostly everyone wants to compare the Sensation and the Galaxy S II.

I imagine it'll be at the top of the review sites agendas. Let alone all of the youtube - reviewers.

I don't think any HTC Sensation reviews will appear this week. One of the guys over at Electric Pig said HTC has yet to issue review units to UK press. I think reviews will appear around the time Sensation is released on the 19th but hope it's much sooner than that.

Upvote 0
i sent htc a mail asking if there really is a 16 gig model or if it was just a misunderstanding and some places simply sold it with a 16 gig sdhc (i linked to the xda thread)

this is their reply:
Thank you for your enquiry about the HTC Sensation.

At the moment we cannot comment on further information on upcoming products before official press release. We also won't provide any detailed information of a specific features of a product before the sales release date.

We suggest to follow us via Twitter on www.twitter.com/htc or the website www.htc.com so that you can be aware of our upcoming updates.

Upvote 0
Link to the Sensation with 16GB:
HTC Sensation, Reviews, Specificaties, Aanbiedingen

I just contacted the customer service from HI.nl (provider in Holland)

And asked if it was true. They confirmed it. 16GB INTERNAL memory.
NO MicroSD card 16GB. but the real 16GB intern, and the option to @ more memory with an external MicroSD card with max 32GB. Thats what they told me.
(he needed to ask it to someone else before he could answer my question)

So hope it will be out for all providers soon!
It's good news to see a device with more internal memory from HTC!(finally..)

Upvote 0
ahh I didn't realise they were big. I just though it'd make more sense to have an exclusive with a phone supplier that has most of Europe as it's market base. But then again, I don't know how big Hi are.

KPN has allot of the mobile stuff going around and fixed(for the Dutch) house connections under his wing in Deutschland, Belgium, Spain and i thought even France and....The Netherlands.

HI.nl is one of there Brands for the Dutch people.

Found this on Wiki(i know not the most trustworthy site)

Revenue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones