• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Sensation return to stock

klombo120

Lurker
Nov 10, 2013
Hey everybody,

I just got a new phone but i want to give my old phone to my dad. I want to restore everything to stock so he won't get confused with anything and to just make it easier for him(first smartphone ever).

I have a HTC Sensation 4G. I installed the Android Revolution rom to upgrade it to the sensation XE model. I think i was able to unroot the phone, however I can't figure out how to restore the stock rom. I thought I could just do an OTA update but I can't find that either. It is a Tmobile US phone by the way

Info:
"model number" - HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio
Android version - 4.0.3
Software number - Android Revolution HD 6.6.4 XE by mike1986
Kernel - 3.0.16-gda3fdfc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everybody,

I just got a new phone but i want to give my old phone to my dad. I want to restore everything to stock so he won't get confused with anything and to just make it easier for him(first smartphone ever).

I have a HTC Sensation 4G. I installed the Android Revolution rom to upgrade it to the sensation XE model. I think i was able to unroot the phone, however I can't figure out how to restore the stock rom. I thought I could just do an OTA update but I can't find that either. It is a Tmobile US phone by the way

Info:
"model number" - HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio
Android version - 4.0.3
Software number - Android Revolution HD 6.6.4 XE by mike1986
Kernel - 3.0.16-gda3fdfc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd consider leaving that Rom. It's based on stock,with some enhancements,with no visual mods. It's intended to give a stock experience. Just factory reset it and its good to go :)

Having run stock t mobie ics,I think the WWE based arhd,or even stock WWE is a better choice. Stock t mobie is somewhat buggy,imo.

How did you initially root? Are you s off?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones