• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc sensation || samsung galxay s 2

HTC SENSATION || SAMSUNG GALXAY S 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well seems like Samsung has improved updates ; for which we all love HTC most and HTC seems behind as they have not released 2.3 update for HTC desire but Samsung released it for GALAXY S.

a little down for htc...but i am still fan of HTC build quality than Samsung plastic craps!!

So this poll might help me and others to decide

@TheBrit : don,t u think its bit surprise i still don't have a notebook with quad cores ..but at the end of this year there will be phones with it

@usta :reasons u will choose SG2.. ?

Upvote 0
@usta :reasons u will choose SG2.. ?
There are all kinds of indicators that hint me to prefer SGS2 over Sensation.
For example:
* SGS2 has a better screen with SAMOLED+
* SGS2 seems to be cheaper (after Samsung left the NFC out)
* SGS2 is much lighter than Sensation
* SGS2 is thinner (the thinnest smartphone?)
* SGS2 is released earlier
* SGS2 has more internal memory than Sensation (16GB or 32GB vs 1GB)
* SGS2 has more RAM than Sensation (1GB vs 768MB)
* SGS2 has WiFi Direct
* SGS2 is already rooted. Sensation remains to be seen, together with harder Hboot lock.
* SGS2 will most likely be more popular. Given the easy root, it might have more custom ROMs available than Sensation.
* SGS2 has USB OTG
* SGS2 has a better secondary camera
* SGS2 has a better processor based on Cortex A9 core
* SGS2 has a better GPU
* SGS2 has a documents editor
* SGS2 has a better battery
* ..... I think I've said enough. :)

Reactions: substring
Upvote 0
Tied once again.. i guess im just going to get whichever phone i could get my hands on first....

Hmm tmobile offers speeds up to 21mbps hspa+ for the galaxy S2 and only up to 14mbps for htc sensation.. does anyone know why the htc sensation cant reach speeds up to 21 mbps? im sorry im new =[

In my head

HTC Sensation
Pros
AMAZING UI seriously people will stare at your phone on the train everywhere with good intentions i hope

Cons
Internal memory is fairly small how will this affect you? (anyone know the answer? over the much larger 16gb internal memory on samsung g s2) besides the speed of acessing the info.

Samsung G S2
Pros
better front camera by .7megapixels?

Cons
Eh... looks like the iphone zzz i dont want people to think im rocking one of those fake iphones lOl
Ok looking UI

Middle Ground for both phones
Cant decide on the screen Qhd or that amoled + i guess i must see the amoled+ screen in person to really decide

Future Updates
Warrenties

in the end im lost i really dont know. :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Lol yea.. no offense to anyone thats going for the samsung gs2..but the samsung g s2 does look like the iphone =/ i feel like i must turn it on at all times to have the bottom two buttons light up to show its.. something different =] but who knows if the colors are that amazing i might just grab it. Well i only said that b.c i live in the city and i take the train alot and people do stare.

oh does anyone know any good... screen protectors that offers better or close to the same quality as the Powersupport ones for iphones?

Yes yes.. im going from my iphone to the android.

I REALLY CANT WAIT.! 1 more month to go >.< FCC APPROVED TODAY SO SELL THE PHONES TM DAMn!.

Upvote 0
I really just love the UI.............. its amazing.. i will have it play those effects over and over and over if i sense some 1 is staring at my phone +].

questions in my head!

so um.. does anyone know if the HTC sensation for tmobile will support speeds up to 21mbps?
Does the 1 gb internal memory for the htc sensation really matter?

Upvote 0
I do like HTC, I do, but a couple things are making me consider Samsung. Like lack of internal memory, battery, and I'd like to see what all the fuss is about with the super amoled plus. I don't know if getting a better battery will be an option with the sensation. With my inspire's build, there is no room for a slightly larger, more powerful battery. I will say this though, the sensation looks beautiful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones