1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Sensation: Stuck on white screen with htc logo.. please help..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imdead, Aug 21, 2011.

1. imdead

imdead Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    hey, i've read this and tried this method but my phone still stucks at the white screen with htc logo. it keeps restarting itself and stucks on that screen.

i've S-off, rooted, flashed Revolution HD 3.0.0 [ROM] Android Revolution HD

Advertisement

2. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert
    None

Sep 20, 2009
    Norfolk, UK
    Could try a hard reset below:

1.Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
    2.Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    3.Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    4.Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

3. bonsc

bonsc Newbie
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    Am having the same problem but the factory restore didn't work for me
    It came on last night after wiping date threw clockwork recovery but the minute I tried to restore my apps threw the market it went off and the same thing again
    '''

My phone is rooted and s is off but here's the am having if i login to the market app with my old account and in stall my saved apps my phone restart and then gets Stuck on white screen with htc logo and just keeps rebooting like its stuck in a loop. Same if i install the updated market app or if I try and do a system update

4. AndrewLockley

AndrewLockley Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    I'm having a vaguely similar problem after an update to 2.3.4. The phone keeps crashing (like 10x/day) and going back to the white screen. It doesn't do a full restart. I'm on orange in the UK. A word of advice to anyone thinking of getting a phone on orange - DON'T. They fill it full of crappy bloatware you can't remove, and when that causes problems that make the phone largely unusable, they simply don't want to know. Orange are an OKish network, but DON'T buy phones from them.

5. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    you may need to wipe the cache through recovery. It sounds like the data is still being stored from the previous rom and causing interference.

6. ChappersUK

ChappersUK Newbie
    None

Nov 18, 2011

I was/am having the same problem with my Orange phone. I found the way to sort it is to to a "soft" reset - when the phone is still turned on, unplug the battery and leave it for 2 minutes before replacing and turning on. It seems to be working (fingers crossed).