1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Sensation UK (Non-Vodafone) owners - Your opinions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSuper, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TheSuper

TheSuper Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Android newbie lol
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
    The phone's out this week simfree and on other networks like O2 and Orange for example. So who's getting one? Who's got one? What do you think of it?

Advertisement

2. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    SIM-Free handsets go on sale on the 27th, not sure when other operator-branded handsets are available

3. Linnaeus

Linnaeus Guest
    None
    I should be receiving my Sensation on T-Mobile on Thursday so long as MobilePhonesDirect don't delay the delivery for a fourth time.

Managed to get a pretty decent deal, too.

4. carthesis

carthesis Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Sheffield, UK
    All we've got to do then is hope that these 'later' models have had S-OFF set since HTC changed their mind...

5. dtweek

dtweek Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2009
    mine arrives tomorrow. Very excited. My Hero was getting more and more frustrating

6. TheSuper

None

Oct 6, 2010
    Android newbie lol
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
    Be great to hear your thoughts once you get yours tomorrow, hopefully! Also if there's any differences too, if there are any.

7. Member12446

Member12446 Guest
    None
    Anyone found any bargain prices for the sim-free version?

8. TheSuper

None

Oct 6, 2010
    Android newbie lol
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
    Yes, i want to find that out too. I've seen E-Cell on Ebay sell it for 399.99 but no way am i touching them. Don't trust them despite their massive feedback.

9. Linnaeus

Linnaeus Guest
    None
    Well, after waiting since the 6th for my phone to arrive, I finally received it yesterday evening and promptly noticed the presence of what appears to either be a dead pixel or a small piece of black debris under the screen of the phone.

I'm erring towards to the latter, as it appears to be visible even when the phone is turned off. Whilst the Sensation itself is a thing of beauty and HTC Sense is as phenomenal as ever, I'm quite disappointed that HTC's current flagship device is still being plagued by issues such as this.

I'll be calling MobilePhonesDirect on Monday and requesting a replacement. Whilst I wouldn't usually take such drastic action over such a small imperfection, it's an expensive device, and one I shall be stuck with for at least 24 months, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect my device to be relatively flawless when first received.

10. volvo940seturbo

volvo940seturbo Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    Coach Driver
    Cumbria UK
    Received my sensation from three, and have to say it is simply awesome. Sense 3.0 is a thing of beauty, The device is gorgeous, screen is awesome, and the data speed on three is out of this world. have to also say my faith in HTC is fully restored, as my DHD developed an issue with GPS, in that it could not even find one sat, so after fitting a new GPS cover, still no better, so had it sent off to HTC for repair, and only took 4 days from collection to return. Now I have fully working GPS on my DHD and my new sensation to play with, so will be putting my original desire into retirement for the time being, until I decide to sell it on.

Sensation battery life seems to be pretty good compared with the DHD, no real lag on it either, all in all very impressed so far.

11. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    My impressions are far less favorable. Lots of build quality issues, performance issues, quiet loudspeaker, issues with apps outputting sound at very low levels (like the voices in navigation), browser text entry issues if you're in desktop UA. Significantly outgunned by the SGSII.

12. cliche guevara

None

Oct 7, 2010
    Mine arrived on Friday, so far I'm very happy with it. I think it is slow compared to the SGSII at times, but I prefer the sturdier build and lush pixel dense screen.