1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Sensation User impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EmperorKabir, Apr 12, 2011.

1. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    This phone is basically everything we wanted the HTC Desire to be, minus all the flaws.

0.99gb storage for apps, a bigger, clearer screen, nice and light, 550mb RAM available (the other 200 odd is for the OS), about a day of battery it seems, better camera etc. On board HTC made task killer which, along with a similar thing to the power bar (gps, wifi, bluetooth controls etc) can be accessed in the notification bar. Nice and loud speaker that can be heard even in loud environments in a pocket (bar perhaps in a club or something super noisy).

The refresh rate isn't all that fantastic. You will notice minor juddering when playing high quality videos or faster movements on screen (note this is not the final software build so this COULD improve, but don't count on it.) This is minor though.

Any problems you had with the Desire are all addressed in the Sensation............ bar perhaps battery life which remains to be seen.

All in all, a great phone and definitely my next handset.

They had the flyer there too. Screen too small and not high enough res for me personally. Needs to be at least 10-12 inches if not more with a qHD screen to turn my head.

Advertisement

kopkiwi likes this.
  2. EmperorKabir

None

May 2, 2010
    video camera not as brilliant as you would hope but still quite good. photo clarity good but not amazing... this sort of thing usually gets addressed in a bug fix within a month of launch. still better than my Desire though.

3. EmperorKabir

None

May 2, 2010
    i miss the track ball to scan through text but the screen is just about big enough even for my chunky thumbs to select the right part when typing.

4. EmperorKabir

None

May 2, 2010
  5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Threads merged