• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sensation User impressions

EmperorKabir

May 2, 2010
This phone is basically everything we wanted the HTC Desire to be, minus all the flaws.

0.99gb storage for apps, a bigger, clearer screen, nice and light, 550mb RAM available (the other 200 odd is for the OS), about a day of battery it seems, better camera etc. On board HTC made task killer which, along with a similar thing to the power bar (gps, wifi, bluetooth controls etc) can be accessed in the notification bar. Nice and loud speaker that can be heard even in loud environments in a pocket (bar perhaps in a club or something super noisy).

The refresh rate isn't all that fantastic. You will notice minor juddering when playing high quality videos or faster movements on screen (note this is not the final software build so this COULD improve, but don't count on it.) This is minor though.

Any problems you had with the Desire are all addressed in the Sensation............ bar perhaps battery life which remains to be seen.

All in all, a great phone and definitely my next handset.

They had the flyer there too. Screen too small and not high enough res for me personally. Needs to be at least 10-12 inches if not more with a qHD screen to turn my head.

Reactions: kopkiwi

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones