1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Sensation XE Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itshsn, Jan 7, 2012.

1. itshsn

itshsn Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Hi Everyone
    My name is Hassan and I'm new to this forum. I require information regarding HTC Sensation XE Rooting. I purchased SXE few days ago and came to know about rooting. I read some advantages like it makes you super user and some apps require rooting. My question is in detail, please read it. Firstly, what is the method of rooting for SXE? I couldn't find it yet, and on this forum I found the one for EVO. Secondly, if, during the rooting methond, something fails, what will happen to your phone? and how will you recover it then? as yesterday I tried some super one click method which didn't work accurately and later I came to know that it doesn't work with SXE, did it make any changes to my phone, I didn't notice any but there is a notification icon in the notification panel named Package Installer, I din't know about that, if anyone knows? Thirdly, if you root your phone, what are the main advantages? Can you later update to ICS? For that you'll have to unroot right? Fourthly, what's the procedure for SXE to unroot? Fellows, I know I've asked too many ques, but I want to root my SXE and can't find an accurate method as I'm afraid if something happens to my phone following any unaccurate method. I shall really appreciate help from you guys. Please elaborate. Thank You.

Advertisement

2. murzz

murzz Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Male
    Civil Servant
    Edinburgh