• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sensation XE versus Galaxy S II HD?

Hi all,

So both of these smartphone's have been announced and they are both updates of the hugely popular HTC Sensation and Galaxy S II. The question is though which one is preferable over the other?

So to get an answer I did a write up on both handsets at my website, with the hope that I can cast some light on to which is better than the other in certain ways. I'm ideally looking for your input here. Enjoy!

Oh, and here's the article: HTC Sensation XE vs Samsung Galaxy S II HD | Technology Blogged, News.

;)

Galaxy S II HD of course.

The cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz will rape the dual core scorpion at the same clockspeed, Mali 400 MP is much faster than Adreno 220 and the the 4.65" screen with resolution of 1280*720 will look incredible.

No contest.

I think the word 'raped' isn't quite used enough around here. That personally made me laugh :p.

Upvote 0
:D

Well in this case it's true, the funny thing is the higher the clockspeeds go with these two the bigger the advantage the Cortex A9 is going to have as it's faster clock for clock.

Very true!

On another note, I'm still trying to weigh up whether a Galaxy Note or S II HD is the device of choice for the majority of people :/.

Upvote 0
Very true!

On another note, I'm still trying to weigh up whether a Galaxy Note or S II HD is the device of choice for the majority of people :/.

Yep I will also be considering both of these, one of them should tide me over until the Quad Core devices arrive. :)

Tempted to get the Note and sell the SGS2 and Transformer, will need to try one first as the size might be an issue.

Upvote 0
Both these phones seem pretty close. Samsung HD is amazing but on a small screen it would not be a big deal to me. I like the aluminum unibody for the HTC and the super lcd is nice. Not crazy about Samsung plastic build phones, I like that they are thin but the plastic just turns me off. Now if Samsung ever do a Aluminum unibody phone, man they would have the cell phone world in the palm of their hands. All the specs looks good on paper but I need to feel and see the phones in person. I am one of those individual who looks at aesthetics.

Upvote 0
Both these phones seem pretty close. Samsung HD is amazing but on a small screen it would not be a big deal to me.

I would normally agree but the screen size is being increased to 4.65", according to rumours anyway.

The build quality is fine, I always end up using a case so for me it's a non-issue, the only issue I had with the Galaxy S II was the plastic on the bump.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones