1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC sense battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SmokemyPole88, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SmokemyPole88

SmokemyPole88 Well-Known Member

Does stock HTC sense on rooted phone kill the battery quickly?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kilogramz718

kilogramz718 Member

i think sense period does i have been using CM and to be honest my battery lasts longer then it did when i was running stock

3. fmalcolmr

fmalcolmr Well-Known Member

It should deplete at the same rate as an unrooted device. Root merely gives you nan-unlock/superuser permissions.

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

I've run both Sense ROMS and AOSP ROMS extensively and can honestly say, most Sense ROMS get better battery life than AOSP ROMS do.

5. VSpike915

VSpike915 Member

If you're rooted, check out MYN Warm 2.2. It's a SENSE ROM but the battery is insanely good Generally speaking though, non-sense ROMS's are better on battery life.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I never really saw a difference with AOSP roms versus Sense roms, coming from the Hero. I believe it depends more on your specific setup of the phone more than anything else. That I said, I may change my mind after a while since I'm just a new owner of the EVO;)

7. SmokemyPole88

SmokemyPole88 Well-Known Member

Well I use to run CM 6.1 but my camera keep crashing so I went back to stock. The battery life on CM was really good but stock not so much.

8. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Like mentioned earlier, battery life is going to depend on a number of factors outside of whether you're running Sense or ASOP. The kernel you're running is going to play a part it battery life, whether or not you're running SetCPU to over/underclock, or using Collins_ph Battery Tweak will all play a part is achieving great battery life as well. Lastly the settings on your phone will affect your battery life. The frequency of syncing, screen brightness, etc...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews