• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sense constantly crashing

Last week I was traveling from AZ to San Carlos Mexico for a dive trip. On the way down I put my phone into airplane mode to conserve battery life. Before leaving the states I turned off airplane mode but the phone would not work, the HTC Sense was crashing every second, essentially bricking the phone. I tried removing the battery but nothing would work. I left the phone powered down for the remainder of my trip and when I returned did some searching to figure out how to reset the phone.

So, for anyone else that might need to do a hard boot of their phone, here is how to do it. With the phone turned off, press and hold the down volume and the send (green) button. Keep them pressed in while you power on the phone. Follow the on screen instructions.

In my case the phone came back up and I was able to accept the OTA update to 2.1. The phone has never worked so good.:cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones