• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense Dashboard problem

Thank you for your above post that answers a lot of questions...
But what complete idiots, why wouldn't they put up some notice to say these features are temporarily disabled.

I just been setting up my friends new desire s and had no end of issues with the sense account...no verification emails coming then days later 100's of them!

And then it can't connect to the phone to get in again to the dashboard.
When I try with mine setup a long while back i can get in but it can't find my phone.

I guess they still need to keep it switched on in order for people to register to get the widgets and hub, but why not put up a notice on the dashboard page..it is beyond stupid that they don't. :thinking::thinking::eek::eek:

Upvote 0
No probs :) - don't worry about it!!

I actually thought that it was the filters that had picked the word up... thanks for understanding :)

I really do understand how frustrating it can get, but I just decided (quite early on actually) that the Sense website was not worth even bothering... pretty much all of the stuff that you can do from the site, you can get apps from the market (sorry... I mean Google Play) that will do the same thing.

It is a bit of a shame that HTC have not really delivered on the site, as I think it lets them down a bit... I have found the DHD to be a very good piece of kit... ok it is my first smart phone, but I think I chose wisely (in comparison to my wife, who went for the SGS... which she's had endless problems with :eek::rolleyes:)... it's just a shame the site doesn't work!

Upvote 0
yes agreed on all counts there...

Though the sense site was all working as of last time io used it in mid november 2011 as it still has my location back then. It alway was quite basic though.

Wouldn't touch a sammy, sure they look slick but oh my they have a mind of their own.

Friend got the latest SGS2 and all i did was show her how to log into Gmail calendar on PC (it looked as though from the calendar on the phone it was already set to sync and all events were set as gmail not phone).
All events were on the web as expected. But then the phone was totally wiped of all calendar events she entered.

The only unusual thing we did was reset the gmail password online then re enter on the phone befor we logged in online as she couldn't remember it.
Sure it probably could have been restored via gmail export then re importing but for sure the sammys dont sync very well.
I'm not going near another sammy!!
Well apart from the telly;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones