1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Sense - Desire HD?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by briggsb, Jun 2, 2011.

1. briggsb

briggsb Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    I know it's been discussed loads, but I've not seen much recently...
    Quite simply, how the heck am I supposed to get it working, on my Desire HD?

I've tried adding an account, using 2 different email addresses now, but I still can't get it working. I cannot log in online (web) because it still thinks I'm at the "sign into your phone" stage, you click the button and it does nothing but think about it for ages.

From the phone, if I try adding the account, it tells me "account in use this account is linked to another device....". If I say OK and try signing in, it says "Sign in error please check your email and password"

I am right fed up with it, and know from all the posts that it's dodgy, but am I missing something?

Cheers, Alan

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Until HTC actually come out and say "We've fixed it" and it's been tried and tested by the masses, I'd forget about it for now.

3. briggsb

briggsb Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, since my last post, I've had an open case with HTC about this. They have assured me my HTCSENSE.COM account is now OK. I've logged in, and sure enough, I can get the device to ring, but the location is not working. But, am I missing something? I thought you could get texts and contacts too? Can someone who has it working confirm what it actually does for you?
    Cheers, Alan

4. paulrh

paulrh Member
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Not the UK
    Forget about the "advanced" functionality of HTC Sense forever. In fact just forget about HTC Sense totally. HTC are full of broken promises on this one.
    On a good note today I discovered, via this forum, My Phone Explorer. Just what I was looking for since ditching Nokia phones and PC Suite. AWESOME.

5. Desire HD Eli

Desire HD Eli Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Leeds, UK
    This is something I had a lot of trouble with HTC about as well. Eventually they sent me this email which I have posted before. It sounds crazy but follow it, it worked for me and others. Hopefully it will work for you.
    Alot of people have tried one thing it hasnt worked straight away so they just given up. Stick in there all my features work fine now after this.

Below I have attached the text from the email they sent me,

Thanks for contacting HTC.

I understand you are experiencing some issues with HTC Sense.

Please follow the step detailed below, to ensure a successfull setup.

If you already have an HTC Sense account, we will need to delete it, please use these steps :

1. On your computer, open your web browser and sign in to your HTCSense.com account.
    2. On the upper-right corner, click Account.
    3. Click Click here to delete your HTCSense account.
    (Deleting your HTCSense.com account will also delete your data on HTCSense.com servers)

I Know it sounds crazy but work with

Correct steps for a succesfull set-up :

1. Make sure you have fixed your location in the 'My Location' app - Menu, All Apps, My Location.
    2. Ensure you have Auto-Sync ticked in -Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync.
    3. Also esure you have 'Enable always-on mobile data' ticked in - Menu, Settings, Wireless & Networks. Its at the bottom of the list.
    4. Create Account from your PC - Very important, please do not close this window when it sends you a Verification e.mail
    5. When Verification e.mail arrives, either click link in email OR copy/paste into new tab/window in your web-browser, its very important to
    to keep the original setup page unchanged
    6. When account verified, CLOSE this browser page & REFRESH original browser page
    - which should now change to show the 'I have signed in on my phone' button
    7. On the phone, go to Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync, and 'Add new' and choose HTC Sense.
    (If you already have an HTC Sense set-up in the list, tap on it and 'Delete', then follow step 7 again.)
    8. Follow the steps on the phone for setting up HTC Sense.
    9. When finished, you can now you can go back to the Verification browser page to complete setup, not the original sign-up page and complete setup by clicking the 'I have... etc'. button

That was for my phone but should be similar for any android based HTC.

I really hope this helps people. If it does please thank.:D

george9t8 likes this.