1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Sense Facebook sync only for the contacts I already have?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phil35, Apr 12, 2011.

1. phil35

phil35 Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    I've had a good search, including looking at this thread:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/66032-sense-ui-facebook-contacts.html

But there seems to be contradictory information on this issue. I have my google contact list on my phone that I am very happy with (i.e. the only people I am likely to ring / text). When I sync with Facebook for HTC Sense it imports all 200+ contacts that I have on Facebook (most of which I never speak to)

I know I can hide Facebook contacts in the People app, but they still show in the Search People app and the Dialer and when I select a contact to send a message (if they have a phone number on their Facebook account). I find this really annoying.

I want just to be able to sync the friends I already had on my phone, and be able to use Friend Stream etc, but the data involves ONLY the contacts I have on my Google contacts.

Is this possible, or is it really an all or nothing decision (pretty poor if it is).

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. phil35

phil35 Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Also, a different issue related to Facebook for HTC Sense - I figure I may as well ask here.

Now I've synced, the most recent status appears underneath the name of each contact in the People app. However, on some of them, when I click on that person and go to the events / updates tab, it says "no updates". Obviously there is, as it has put it underneath the contact name on the previous screen. Any ideas how I could get it to appear in the events / updates tab?

Tags: