• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc sense force close loop - Logcat included

lemonada8

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
sense has messed up somehow... i would like to avoid a total phone wipe i wanna keep my texts and such...

i can access my phone via droid explorer.. how can i clear the cache of the sense apk in that? or any other solutions? i cant search for settings it only goes to internet..

nvm logcat is to big...

Welcome to the forums!

Here's how to reset Sense:

FIX: “The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly”

Here's how to back up most stuff (also how to do a factory reset, if you ever need it):

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Courtesy of akazbam (another poster around here), here's how to back up SMS (I gotta add that to the How to fix Froyo thread, but for now...):

SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

Hope this helps, keep us posted, cheers!

Upvote 0
is there a way i can install a different home app to switch to so i dont have to use sense? Sense is a home app correct?

Yep - search around these parts for either Launcher Pro or ADW.

I can't be more specific because I don't use either personally, but those are the top rated examples by other posters here for what you're asking about - and I believe the correct term is _launcher_.

Also - you might try the Evo root subforum - with root, it opens your choices to a much larger dimension of customizations of this sort.

There are pretty good primers on the whole subject in various threads here:

EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

And there are also various custom roms at XDA developers (you'll learn about that site after visiting our Evo root forum), as well as these helpful stops along the way:

Custom ROMs - Android Forums

Android Themes - Android Forums

I like Sense - but it's not for everyone, and this Android - so you're never stuck. ;)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones