1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Sense has stopped responding

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joehornback, May 14, 2011.

1. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

Well I'm about fed up with this problem. I'm almost to the point I'm ready to root the phone to get rid of sense. I really do like sense but it's just giving me all kinds of fits. I wonder if I should just wait and see what the gingerbread update does. Sense should be updated then.... The only other thing I know to do is to either root, or wipe the thing back to stock OEM...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Your the only person having that problem.

3. joehornback

My brother has an EVO and it does it, my sister in law has an EVO and it does it as much as mine.

4. kwmetalfan

kwmetalfan Well-Known Member

Stepitup...why is it that every post I've seen of yours is short and no help to anyone?

5. Because if this was happening to a lot of the phones there would be a thread already started on this topic. I'm going to say that group he speaks of probably have a few of the same apps, if not one app causing the problem.

If the phone keeps screwing up then you did something to jack the phone up. I've opened up phones with 100 apps and I ask people why do you have that many apps that you don't even use. Not saying that is his issue.

6. joehornback

Moderator, please close this thread, I'll go somewhere else for my support. My apologies if I bothered anyone....

7. I would try to clear the data for the app and then force close it. If not, your best bet would be to start uninstalling apps 1 by 1 to see if that makes a difference. Last resort, factory data reset my man.

8. You have to watch what you install on the phones. Not all apps are coded to work efficiently with other apps or Android OS in itself. When I notice the phone acting up by lag or stutter I'm typically notice it. If wallpapers make my phone stutter or lag they are uninstalled. Some apps are just not meant to work together, let alone work efficiently with Froyo.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews