1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support HTC Sense II or Launcher Pro ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MJBarnes, Feb 13, 2011.

1. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

I have to admit, I have been a sucker for the nice widgets of Launcher Pro Plus. I also like the transitions, multiple docks, etc... I eventually replaced Sense on my EVO with Launcher Plus and have not looked back since.

However, Is Sense 2 much of a visual upgrade? Anyone have any comparisons between LP+ and Sense 2?

Advertisement

2. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

Lol i dont know if you know this but Launcher pro took almost all of its design and widgets (aside from the dock) from HTC Sense UI

(which is why im staying with sense for now)

3. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

I did not know that! Thanks for the info.

However, I dont remember the Facebook/Twitter widgets in Sense UI. I know it has a friends widget I believe... Admittedly, for my social side, those are a couple of my favorites.

4. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

You might like the stock sense, but i agree with you, ill definitely be missing the multi-dock bar....I want to see if i disable the sense UI, will the sense.com features still work.

5. Oridus

Oridus Android Enthusiast

I like Launcher Pro for the dock options..... i'll play with both.

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

HTC Sense 2.0 is gorgeous, no need to muddy it up with a 3rd party launcher. This phone flies

Chrizzl3 and proframer92 like this.
  7. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast

The only thing I'll really miss with Launcherpro is the notification badges on Gmail/phone calls for the number of each missed.

8. Air Force One

Air Force One Android Enthusiast

I've used LauncherPro Plus extensively and LOVE it...BUT I loaded an HTC sense 2.0 custom ROM on my Nexus and for me, Sense is superior. The animated weather/clock are gorgeous...widgets are nice to. But for me the best thing is NO LAG. Launcherpro is smooth but for me HTC sense was just a tad smoother. The skins are also kick butt. So I vote Sense. So much so that my next device will be an HTC sense device.

9. Exactly what shawn says

10. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

The only think that bothers me with Sense that we cant change the default launchers for apps and customization. I would rather have those customizable for say... contacts and browser. I know on my Incredible, they had roms with these changed. I just wish it was part of Sense. Maybe Sense 3.0 will have that... haha

11. striketrue

striketrue Member

The only reason I am using LP is for dock customization. Otherwise I have no complaints with sense

12. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Same here

13. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

Sense....it's amazing

This is the only skin that I haven't decided to replace.

14. striketrue

striketrue Member

If sense had dock customization I would go back in an instant

15. VeryProudOfYa

VeryProudOfYa Newbie

+1 for Launcher Pro