1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Sense Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Decibles, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Decibles

Decibles Newbie

May 26, 2010
    So, I just received a replacement DInc after I was having laggy screen issues. The new phone has none of the screen issues, but now I am having a whole new problem- HTC Sense crashes all.the.time. Scrolling through my favorites widget, looking through my aps list, everything. It happens on average 6-7 times a day. I'm getting really frustrated and am thinking about taking the replacement back and raising hell to switch to an X.

I absolutely love my DInc but... I need a phone that -works-. Anyone have any advice for me?

Advertisement

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sense Force Closes? Weird, that has never happened to me (nor have I even heard of it).

Are you using a task killer? If so, try uninstalling it.

You could try using a home replacement (launcherpro, ADW, etc), see if that's more stable for you.

3. Decibles

Decibles Newbie

May 26, 2010
    Yeah, sense locks up for about three minutes and finally I get the force close or wait option- then the launcher resets itself. Whole process takes about five minutes where I can't use the phone at all.

And I use atk, but it doesn't run in the background... and it didn't do this with my previous DInc...

4. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Android Expert

May 29, 2010
    Maybe do a factory reset, maybe it came not loaded correctly, I am assuming it was a refurbished replacement??? I have NEVER had sense FC on me.

5. Decibles

Decibles Newbie

May 26, 2010
    Just did a complete factory reset... started setting up my home screens and... lock up.

6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Guest

that happened to me with the fake chrome widget. probably an app - install apps one by one and find out which one it is. That only happens when i end all in systempanel.