• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense Issues

Decibles

May 26, 2010
So, I just received a replacement DInc after I was having laggy screen issues. The new phone has none of the screen issues, but now I am having a whole new problem- HTC Sense crashes all.the.time. Scrolling through my favorites widget, looking through my aps list, everything. It happens on average 6-7 times a day. I'm getting really frustrated and am thinking about taking the replacement back and raising hell to switch to an X.

I absolutely love my DInc but... I need a phone that -works-. Anyone have any advice for me?

So, I just received a replacement DInc after I was having laggy screen issues. The new phone has none of the screen issues, but now I am having a whole new problem- HTC Sense crashes all.the.time. Scrolling through my favorites widget, looking through my aps list, everything. It happens on average 6-7 times a day. I'm getting really frustrated and am thinking about taking the replacement back and raising hell to switch to an X.

I absolutely love my DInc but... I need a phone that -works-. Anyone have any advice for me?

Sense Force Closes? Weird, that has never happened to me (nor have I even heard of it).

Are you using a task killer? If so, try uninstalling it.

You could try using a home replacement (launcherpro, ADW, etc), see if that's more stable for you.

Upvote 0
Yeah, sense locks up for about three minutes and finally I get the force close or wait option- then the launcher resets itself. Whole process takes about five minutes where I can't use the phone at all.

And I use atk, but it doesn't run in the background... and it didn't do this with my previous DInc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones