• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC sense on a droid?

Well it's right in the title there. "HTC Hero Sense UI like Theme on Motorola Droid"

Sense is a lot more than just a visual style. If you are just looking for the visual style of sense then there are widgets and home replacement apps that will do that but Sense has a lot of functionality (including a lot more widgets) that you would not be able to get without an actual Sense ROM.

Sense replaces a lot of the core functionality of Android with their own proprietary applications.

EDIT: That one you linked to is apparently a metamorph theme rather than home replacement app which means you would need to root anyway. Also it is probably out of date because that article is dated December of last year.

Upvote 0
You can load a Desire Rom onto your phone, but phone calls don't work with 3G enabled...If you are not out and about alot, then 1x for phone calls and wifi for internet work out ok. There are some bugs in there too though. When I had it on my phone, after a while, all calls came through on speakerphone, and I couldn't turn it off. They are working on getting the phone working, but no ETA...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones