• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense relaunching constantly

I have noticed recently, last 2 months or so, that sometimes when I exit an application I get a white HTC screen and then after a little waiting I get back to my home screen. Sometimes this will happen after I switch apps after Sense has just relaunched. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am thinking about doing a factory reset, is there any way to back everythign that I have ont he phone up so I can get all my apps and preferences back easily?

You could try clearing data and cache for your launcher before doing the factory reset. This could resolve your issues without losing everything. It can be found under Settings | Apps |Running (I'll try to find the app name for sense as I am not sure, but it may say something with launcher in its name). If you do need to back up to do a factory reset, let me know. Just wanted you to try this first.

Reactions: fujiteam
Upvote 0
OK, I think I found a solution to your problem, but I have to join another forum to see it (check the rant thread later:mad:). Gonna use my long abandoned hotmail account:D

OK I'm in. I'll rant here a little bit, but I'll leave the site unnamed:mad:. I had to register to see anything useful. Any reference to name of the app was blocked without registration. The registration itself was a nightmare (I may miss my first born child). OK, now you can check the rant thread in the Lounge:D.

The solution is actually an app I have used for several years. It is a free app called Volume Locker (Market Link). You should be able to set your volume levels where you want and this will prevent them from being changed.

I have used this app as I always hit the volume button and end up with my ringtone set so low I can't hear it. Any volume change triggers a timer in the notification bar that you have to click withing 30 seconds for it to take effect.

I hope this helps.:)

PS: You may not see my rant for a day or so. I'm very heated at the moment and I may want to use words not acceptable here. Certainly not at you, at that site.

Reactions: fujiteam
Upvote 0
I have noticed recently, last 2 months or so, that sometimes when I exit an application I get a white HTC screen and then after a little waiting I get back to my home screen. Sometimes this will happen after I switch apps after Sense has just relaunched. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am thinking about doing a factory reset, is there any way to back everythign that I have ont he phone up so I can get all my apps and preferences back easily?

I am having this problem all the time now. Any reason why?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones