• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Shopping in Hong Kong?

Dear all,

Is there any spesific techno-area or well-known town in Hong Kong where a totally stranger can easily go and buy original unlocked (a.k.a unbranded or sim-free) HTC mobile phones? I am pretty sure there are lots of techno shops in Hong Kong everywhere but one of my friends will visit Hong Kong in November and I want him to buy a HTC Desire HD but since he's not a super techo boy, I am scared him to be cheated by a con man.

So I need to identify a trustworthy seller or at least a district to adress him to go there and buy a simfree HTC for me :)

Do you think below shops can satisfy this?

HTC - Where to Buy

Truth be told, prices on smartphones have been lowered so much recently it really doesn't matter where you buy the phone from. Just watch out for the shops that sell specifically to tourists.

Just go to any major retail chain - Fortress and Broadway are both good choices. Time Sqaure in Causeway Bay is a good place to start, but you should be able to find them just about anywhere.

Upvote 0
Hi Eozen,

Just about everywhere you turn there is a electronics shop in Hong Kong.

Fortress is a good place to start as stated. Could go down Nathan Road too, but be careful how you tread down there, bargains to be found, but also very easy to get ripped off...The art on that one is to look, enquire and then move on and compare :)

Also if you go onto Hong Kong Island into the IFC Mall, big branded stores there too.
This link also gives some good resource/insight into shopping in Hong Kong

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones