1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Skin Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by earwaxuk, May 23, 2011.

1. earwaxuk

earwaxuk Lurker

Hi

I've got an HTC Desire HD which yesterday downloaded an Android update. It's now running 2.3.3. This is generally OK but it's left me with a minor niggle.

I downloaded the "Music Lover" skin from HTC Hub and since the update to 2.3.3 the skin is no longer available to me. If I go to the skin picker, select "get more" it brings up the standard array of 4 options in HTC Hub and it shows "Music Lover" as downloaded (green tick in the bottom right corner and the download button reads "Go to").
    However, it's not accessible in the skin picker and if I click "go to" from HTC Hub, it takes me back to the standard pre-installed 5 skins.

This is obviously a minor issue but it's kinda annoying. Can anyone tell me a way to reset this? I've searched the phone using Astro to try to find where the downloaded copy (or the download history) is stored (with the aim of removing it and enabling me to download it again) but I can't find it at all.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Have you looked via the new download app in the app drawer, is it there?

3. earwaxuk

earwaxuk Lurker

Hi El Presidente

It does, so I deleted it and went back to HTC Hub but it still shows as downloaded and won't let me do it again.

4. sonesh

sonesh Android Enthusiast

Can you uninstall it from Applications in Settings?

5. ackliph

ackliph Newbie

Get titanium backup free.
    Press backup/restore
    Press search button key
    Type "skin"
    Push enter.
    Select "skin picker"
    Press wipe data.
    Go back and re-download the skin.
    Problem solved.

6. earwaxuk

earwaxuk Lurker

Hi sonesh, no I can't uninstall it

ackliph - that only works if I've rooted the phone, which I haven't

7. Jack Hennety

Jack Hennety Lurker

Me too. Got an OTA software update for my Incredible S yesterday (now it's 2.30.405.1); downloaded Music Lover which was the skin I used pre-update, but the apply does nothing. Now the Hub says it's downloaded, so I can't do anything other than choose 'Go to' (as opposed to 'Download'), which does nothing also. I can't try downloading again, no matter which apps' caches I clear or how many 'force stops' I try.

Tried installing the skin from an APK, no joy either. Can't see where downloads of the skins actually go on the phone; other sites suggest .DATA, or .DATA\App, but that's not the case here. The skin appears to download but not be present on the phone.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe the skin is simply incompatible with this software update. I'll email HTC - that ought to get me a speedy, clear and comprehensive solution that doesn't involve a factory reset or an apology that HTCSense.com isn't working properly...

8. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

I have the gingerbread update and music lover works for me.

9. Scarecrow101

Scarecrow101 Lurker

I figured it out!!

So i also got the new update yesterday and my favourite skin "music lover" wasn't working either, but ive figured out how get it to appear in the skin picker again!

-So whatcha wanna do first is get Astro file explorer (i think that's what its called) just get the free version

-Now! download the "MusicLover.apk" file off of this post:
    [SKIN][04.07.2011] Skins for Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 roms. - Page 7 - xda-developers

NOT THE LONGER ONE AT THE BOTTOM!!

-now put that on your SD card of your phone!

-now go into your astro app on your phone with the Sd card in and tap on the Musiclover.APK file, astro (if its the latest one) should give you two options, choose open app manager.

-now click uninstall and uninstall the musiclover that was there before the update.

- now go to your phone app manager and scroll too skin picker, then click on it and delete the data stored in it.

-Soft reset, Download music lover from HTC Hub and your Good to goo! woo!

Hope this helps! :D

10. Jack Hennety

Jack Hennety Lurker

@Scarecrow101: brilliant mate. :)
    Needless to say HTC's support was non-existent. Your solution did the job, reboot not even required. Nice one!

11. eboney66

eboney66 Lurker

Hello Everyone,
    I have had the same problem as "earwaxuk" after doing the update but with the purple passion skin.

This is my first HTC phone & i am not at all tech savy!
    Could someone please talk me through it step by step as if i'm a 5 year old lol
    Thanks in advance

12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Follow this post, but use the purple passion apk.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

eboney66 likes this.
  13. chpanddale

chpanddale Lurker

I'm having the same issue with the Valentine's day skin... Please help

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews