• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Status- wont turn on or charge

Hi darkdaz,

sorry that I'm first to reply, you've probably found a solution by now, so I'm saying this for future HTC one x users. What happened to me is that I forgot to put my one x on charge overnight and when I woke up in the morning it wouldn't turn on and it "wouldn't charge". What had actually happened here is that I fell victim to the charging issue as many will. But I shall cut to the chase, how to fix the problem. This seems to happen with a lot of android phones, but more so, a lot of HTC phones. The phone seems to charge excruciatingly slow until you actually get the phone on, so first things first, lets turn the phone on.

1. Plug you HTC status into your PC/Laptop via the USB charging cable that is turned on and leave the phone there until you see the orange blinking light.

2. Find you wall charger and QUICKLY unplug the USB cable from the PC/Laptop and plug it into your status. (the reason for the quickly is because the phone won't charge through the wall charger unless you get that orange light blinking) I made you change to the wall charger as it charges quicker.

3.Wait until the orange light stops flashing (or maybe it wont so wait about 15 mins) then hold the power button until the phone turns on. If it doesn't turn on after 15 mins continue to let it charge (one person had to leave it charge for an hour)

4. You're done! your status is saved! (thank me? :p)

OK so the reason that we let it charge for a bit is because the status seems to have an issue getting charged every once in a while, this trick gets the status's battery to 2% and once you've turned the phone on, it can charge completely.

I hoped this helped,

Mantenner

Reactions: lajoiegar
Upvote 0
Maybe you'll never get this message, this was a year ago after all, but I created an account just so I can say thank you! My phone was not turning on or charging at all and I thought it was dead for sure. But this strange trick worked! The battery is still not the greatest but at least it holds a charge! Thank you so much stranger! I can't afford a new phone so I'm trying to make this Status work for at least a little while longer, you saved me a ton of cash! I can't thank you enough!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones