• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Support *Sigh*

Andrew K

Lurker
Jun 29, 2016
Hi All,

Longtime viewer, first time poster.... Anyways, to the point:

Anyone have troubles dealing with HTC Support? A few months ago my phone screen cracked (still within the 1 year warranty period) and when I chatted with an HTC rep they confirmed I was eligible for their free screen repair offer (even have the chat logs). Sent me all the details on where to send my phone, I sent them my device and never heard back from them or the repair center. I tried reaching out to the repair center directly (as indicated on the email instructions), however they never answered their phones. So of course I called the main HTC support line to see whats up. There were a lot of issues finding the right person to talk to; ended up taking me me 4 calls over 2 weeks to finally get the issue escalated to the point someone was doing something about it.

Finally today they called me back (2+ months now they have had the phone) to tell me about the fate of my phone; (They found it!) however they now want to charge me $150 to repair it or $30 to have the device sent back. Apparently I was *not* eligible for the repair service since I am Canadian!

Any advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones