• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync and my phone. Whats up?

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
I've got an acer aspire 5517 laptop running windows seven. I've tried to sync to htc sync but it cant seem to find the phone on the computer.. I do the search but nothing comes up, even in the sync program itself when i can clearly see the phone connected, it shows as disconnected.. Did I get a bad version of sync software or is there something else in play here?

I don't have Windows 7, but I will share my expierence real fast, which may help you also.

I am a mac user, but I wanted to sync my phone for use on a windows (work) computer. So here is what I know about the sync.

After connecting the phone, you need to go onto the phone's homescreen and pull down the notifications bar (putting your finger on the upper left corner of the touch screen and pull the bar all way to the bottom of the screen). I have HTC sync for the PC (from HTC website) to sync to and I click 'HTC Sync" on the phone's screen. Then I ethier let it update all information (from the computer screen you can cancel the operation) or just stop it (whichever you want to do). Then on the phone under that same pull down notifications bar, click "USB Connected" and it will then ask you to "mount" or "un-mount" the phone's internal hard drive. Click "Mount" and then go onto your computer under "My-Computer" or "Computer" (which ever Windows version you have) and there will be a usb device there that you can go onto like a jump drive or other USB hard drive.

When done, you need to safetly eject the drive (like you do for every jump drive you eject in the lower right corner of the computer). Then check the phone under notifications and check to see if you need to "un-mount" the phone or not. Then unplug and play!

Hopefully this helps, enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones