• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync deleted my network connections

MammonLord

May 3, 2010
I was so happy when today started. I downloaded the 2.1 update for my Hero and the latest version of HTC Sync (2.0.33) from the HTC site. I've never had a use for HTC Sync before, so I've just never installed it. During the setup, though, it deleted all of my network connections and apparently the driver files as well. I was able to update my phone but now my computer is broken.

I uninstalled HTC Sync but that didn't fix the problem. Does anyone know if it moves the drivers somewhere or just outright deletes them? I guess I could download the drivers on my phone then copy them over but that's going to be a hassle.

I wonder how many other people had this problem and don't own a second computer from which they can ask for help...

Anyway, thank you for your help!

You should be able to just create another wireless connection. Are you saying in your hardware profile in (what OS are you using?) your computer says there is a conflict with the wireless card? Or that the driver needs to be installed for that card? If that's the case, just go to your computer's website, download the necessary drivers, or download the drivers from the wireless card manufacturer's website, for your OS.

Why the drivers were uninstalled, that is a mystery. You are the first to report this behavior.

Upvote 0
Just installed HTC sync as well and ended up with the same predicament. I tried it on 2 similar machines and ended up with the same result. It completely deleted my network, lan, and another device. Windows would try to reinstall drivers but could no longer find any. Managed to do a system restore which consistently brought everything back but without HTC sync of course. Does anyone know why and how I can get it installed? I am on a Lenovo S10 with XP3. thanks

Upvote 0
Just installed HTC sync as well and ended up with the same predicament. I tried it on 2 similar machines and ended up with the same result. It completely deleted my network, lan, and another device. Windows would try to reinstall drivers but could no longer find any. Managed to do a system restore which consistently brought everything back but without HTC sync of course. Does anyone know why and how I can get it installed? I am on a Lenovo S10 with XP3. thanks

idk if this is any help, but i installed the HTCSync from my hero's SD card, i didnt install it from the Sprint website, i just installed the actual update file that i needed....and i didnt experience any problems

Upvote 0
I have just purchased the HTC Desire(Andriod 2.1).

Have installed HTCSync from the HTC mobile device SD card to:
Asus N10Jc notebook computer running WinXP, causing the wireless network client (uses Atheros Client utility) to be disabled and unusable.

To an attempt to resolve the problem:
1. Have tried downloading and installing the latest version HTCSync from HTC Support site.

2. I have tried various combinations of to of re-installing the HTCSync and the wireless lan card drivers/software, without success........even tried un-install the HTCSync expecting the wireless to be fixed, without success.

3. Currently to make my wireless connection usable, I have had to use Windows Restore to get the Asus N10Jc back to its previous state.

What have I done incorrectly, if at ll?
Does anyone have a solution to such a basic configuration requirement???

Big problem, not happy......thanks in advance.
Thxs

Upvote 0
Hi, I am also facing this problem! HTC sync deleted my network connection. The only network connection appeared is bluetooth network connection and is created by the HTC sync software.
My Main OS is Mac OS X. I install Windows XP Home SP2 through partitioning my Mac hard disk as instructed. My internet connection was working fine till I install HTC sync! Now i dunno how to restore it back. Can help me on this?? Thanks!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones