1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NatalieErin, May 16, 2011.

1. NatalieErin

NatalieErin Lurker

Hey folks,

Help a noob out, if you please! I've had my HTC Incredible S for a day now and am trying to sync with HTC sync. I'm having what appears to be a common problem, where the program won't recognise my phone.
    By rebooting my computer and changing USB ports I managed to get the phone to extremely briefly (less than a second) acknowledge a connection before going back to 'disconnected'.

I tried a fix mentioned on this forum; I deleted the phone driver and then plugged the phone back in expecting it to automatically install the driver again, but it tells me it hasn't/can't. Plugging it back it yet again yeilds nothing, and the Incredible S is now back to the old message; unable to find HTC sync on your PC yada yada. I can't find the the driver through Windows online either. Any help for either problem would be much appreciated. Both would be spectacular!

Edit: Windows 7 btw

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thedosbox

thedosbox Guest

How did you install HTC sync? Did you use the downloaded installer from the HTC site, or the installer from your phone? I suggest using the downloaded installer. Don't plug in the phone until after you've installed HTC sync and rebooted.

When you slide down the USB icon from the notification area on the phone, do you get the option to set the mode of the phone? i.e. charge only, sync, disk drive, etc...

3. NatalieErin

NatalieErin Lurker

I installed Sync from the HTC site, and plugged the phone in after. I choose HTC Sync on the USB connection options. It's driving me nuts!

4. NatalieErin

NatalieErin Lurker

Ok, so now I've uninstalled and reinstalled from the HTC site, rebooted the computer and connected the phone, no joy. The phone will bring up the sync screen with 'connected' for about half a second and then drop back to 'disconnected' and the computer doesn't react at all.
    I've uninstalled again and reinstalled from the phone (which reinstalled the driver, yay) and rebooted, but still the same result. Getting quite disheartened now!

5. lustror

lustror Lurker

Hello

I get exactly the same problem. I don't get it. How is it possible that I cannot use the HTC sync program with this phone. I have the phone already 3 weeks.
    It worked the first time without any problems, synchronized my outlook contacts to the phone, and never again showed the phone was connected to the computer.

Very dissapointed with HTC, I have tried to look for a solution everywhere and I see many other people has the same problem, but no solution whatsoever has been given, it depends on HTC to fix this bug, and they don't seem to care much, I should have got the iPhone :(

best regards

HTC Incredible S Forum

The HTC Incredible S release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews