1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Sync Manager Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tourer, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Tourer

Tourer Lurker

Hello guys,

I have sold my HTC One a few days ago and now waiting for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to be available where I leave. Meanwhile, i am using old iphone 4. Now, I have a question... Before I sold the phone, i have done a backup using HTC Sync Manager. How can i restore this backup to iphone? Will i be able to restore it to Samsung? The only thing I need to restore, really, is contacts. Everything else is not important. HTC Sync backups are tho only ones i have and I wasnt using any cloud backups.

Please help.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tourer

Tourer Lurker

Up. Anyone please?

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums Tourer. I found a neat piece of software for your PC or Mac that makes transferring Contacts between an HTC device and an iPhone pretty easy. It's called Phone Transfer and has a free trial. They also have a bunch of tutorials on transferring files and info between different devices. Let us know if it works for you.

4. Tourer

Tourer Lurker

The problem is that i no longer have HTC phone. And that software does not recognise HTC Sync Manager backup file...

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Does the HTC Sync Manager app let you view the contacts on your computer and export them in some other format? I don't use it myself so don't know what it offers. If it doesn't export, can you at least view and copy them (tedious but at least offers a way)?

It's unwise to assume any manufacturer's app (HTC, Apple or Samsung) will work with a different manufacturer. Best bet is to use standards, e.g. export the contacts to vcard, as that way pretty much any contact manager can read them.

6. Tourer

Tourer Lurker

No it doesn't. It just does the backup and restore. Also it can sync... I am assuming im in troubles and really glad that at least I backed up photos using traditional way.

7. doc1964

doc1964 Android Enthusiast

Did you not have your contacts saved to Google account,

8. Tourer

Tourer Lurker

No i didnt :(

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews