1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Sync not working for DINC2: UPCT Loader error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wmakuch, Aug 31, 2011.

1. wmakuch

wmakuch Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Help - just got my DINC2 today, replacing my BlackBerry. It was going great until I went to try and synch Outlook with it. I've spent HOURS tonight trying to get the HTC sync (ver 3.0.5557) working to synch with my Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

The computer has never found my phone. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting after installing, changing the Connect to PC options from charge only to HTC Sync and nothing works. Either the software crashes on my machine with an error with the HTCUPCTloader.exe or literally nothing happens.

The phone thinks it has synched, I get a Synch Status of Connected and the button at the very bottom says Synch Now. However, usually this then causes the sw on the PC to crash. If I can push the Synch Now button, it just works but doesn't do anything...not that it should work because I've not yet been able to name my device nor tell it what I want synched!

All suggestions are appreciated!

Advertisement

2. wmakuch

wmakuch Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    HTC support solved the issue: apparently there is a known conflict of the iTunes Music Library XML file and the HTC Sync software. Relocate the file and the sync works like a charm. Not a great long term solution, but at least I have my contacts and calendar on my phone!

3. FatFred

FatFred Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Relocate which file, please? And does it matter where I relocate it to?