• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync Not Working?

dzar

May 25, 2010
St. Louis, MO
So anybody played with HTC Sync to synchronize Outlook (2007) calendar with the EVO? I seemed to get a good sync at first, but now when I add a new appointment on the phone, it doesn't get back into Outlook. If I add something on the PC in Outlook, it gets pushed to the phone just fine. I cannot get anything to go from phone to PC, however. Anyone else tried this?

I'll answer my own question...

So it seems that when one adds an event on the phone, it goes to the Google calendar (assuming one is enabled which it is on my phone). That works. I see no way to change which calendar a new (or existing) event goes to.

In the end, this is fine as I'm making a switch to Google calendar.

Upvote 0
I couldn't answer your first question, but can answer your second.

When you add a new event, the first item in the menu is "Calendar." You can set the default, and it should list all of your different Calendars. Mine has "Exchange, PC Sync, [Google Calendar list]"

I'm not certain how to force the default to a certain Calendar however. One would think there's a way but I don't have time to dig right now.

Reactions: dashrender
Upvote 0
I have not done this with an Evo but I did recently do it on my BB curve and had some problems. First I would check the settings to make sure 2-way sync is selected. I can't remember if I ended up deleting and reinstalling the program on the phone or my computer (I think it was the one on my computer) but after reinstalling it everything has worked fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones