1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Sync + Outlook Tasks + Google Tasks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CoachWade, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CoachWade

CoachWade Newbie

Hey folks, another question: I recently found out about HTC Sync. I'm not sure I want to use it. One of the things I hate the most about this phone is the intrusiveness of its "help." I didn't ask for and don't WANT it to link every email account I have together into a gigantic ball of confusion. My personal stuff is personal, and my work stuff is work related. People I have to email for work are not in my Christmas card list and I don't CARE about their Facebook accounts.

I don't think HTC Sync was on the card when I got the phone. The first card failed, and they handed me another card straight out of a box. I wasn't even aware it was supposed to be there until about a day and a half ago when I was researching my bluetooth problem.

So, here's my question: I'm currently using a task checklist called "Google Tasks" to sync my worklist with Google Tasks online. There are currently NO free or inexpensive apps to link Outlook tasks with Google Tasks.

HTC Sync: does it sync those together? Can I use it as a work around, linking Outlook tasks to the Google Tasks app, and from there to my Google Calendar? Has anyone tried something like this? (The Google Tasks I have is THIS ONE: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tinjasoft.tasks&hl=en

I've been managing my files manually with Windows Explorer and treating the phone like a USB disk. I don't mind doing that, but it can be a little cumbersome trying to find everything. If HTC Sync isn't going to wrap it's tentacles around my Outlook contacts it might be worth using, but I admit to being more than a little leery of it.

Anyone of you Sensation ninjas out there have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

~D.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

You can't sync your Outlook tasks with HTC Sync. It will sync your Outlook contacts and diary. It can also sync photos, music and other files if you ask it to. You can choose what to sync. I use it for diary, contacts, and music (picks up all my Windows Media Player's MP3s).

3. Cougar

Cougar Android Enthusiast

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews