1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC Sync Outlook woes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jellied, Jul 1, 2010.

1. jellied

jellied Member

Jun 27, 2010
    It looks like several people having tales woe with HTC Sync issues.

I finally got HTC Sync working 2 nights ago and sync'd my contacts with no problems. Last night thought I'd sync. again and also try my calendar

Phone didn't find HTC Sync until I re-installed HTC sync. It worked fine, but then after a 3rd sync the PC and phone lost each other and didn't re-establish a link. I'm used to a Windows Mobile PDA that simply works - no messing around.

I use Outlook 2003, or at least a version that rules out using the free Google tools, if HTC Sync is this flaky I feel forced to buy something like SyncMyCal and go via Google for contacts/calendars.

It obviously works, but I am doing something that breaks the link? Running ActiveSync, having Outlook running etc?

Advertisement

2. Yes the HTC sync is shite. Convert to Google for your calander and contact, it's a 3 way sync between phone/pc/outlook

jellied likes this.
  3. jellied

jellied Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Cheers - the original version of ActiveSync was flakey- but that was 5 years+ ago. It's worrying how bad HTC Sync.

A 3 way sync. sounds a pain - but I guess there is no option and just means I have to remember to run the syncmycal once in a while to keep everything in line. The advantage being that when using the laptop upstairs, in the garden, in my penthouse, i can still access a calendar on line.

SyncMyCall looks the best bet and the free version does work with my version of Outlook. Another $25 gone!

Tags: