• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC sync problems

helmo

Lurker
Apr 11, 2012
Hi everyone - I am new on here and am having a few problems syncing my HTC desire to my laptop. I have updated HTC sync to the most up to date version. When I plugged my phone in via USB, I clicked on sync but I cant find where my contacts have been synced to. I can only find 4 of my contacts on Outlook

To be honest, I've never had great experiences with HTC sync for syncing contacts with Outlook. When I did do it ages ago, I ended up with so many duplicates that I had about 3-4 times as many contacts as there should have been.

In the end, I cleared up my Outlook contacts manually, and exported them to a CSV file that I uploaded to Google Contacts, which I now use to sync with my Desire. New emails addresses get added manually into Outlook as and when they happen.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help with HTC Sync!

Rhyan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones