1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

htc sync trouble.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwbama23, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jwbama23

jwbama23 Lurker

I just got a new EVO today and after the unrooting of the last EVO and the rooting of the new one today I do not have HTC sync. Im not too good with a lot of this . Where or how do I install htc sync for the EVO. Someone told me with my phone being rooted I do not want the usual sync. Is that true?

Thank You for the help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i could be wrong but, i think that htc sync is ok after rooting. it is just not good during the rooting process. i have not read or heard of people having it after rooting and having issues.

4. jwbama23

jwbama23 Lurker

Thanks for the link. Its now saying on my phone unable to find htc sync and make sure its open on my computer. When I try to open it on my computer it says unable to load configuration. What am I doing wrong?

5. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

IME HTC Sync is pretty fragile. When I run into issues where it's broken the only thing I've found that reliably fixes it is to:

1) Uninstall HTC Sync on your PC
    2) Uninstall HTC Sync Driver on your PC
    3) Reboot your PC
    4) Install HTC Sync on your PC
    5) Plug your phone in to your PC's USB port . . . wait!
    6) Watch the PC run through the short list of driver installs as it recognizes the device
    7) THEN change your connection mode to "HTC Sync" (hopefully this wasn't your default)
    8) Watch your PC run through a longer list of driver installs, it should finally finish with "My HTC Evo" or something similar
    9) THEN engage in the dialog with the Sync software that should have popped up on your PC to re-enter the details of your setup
    10) Finish with a Sync

FWIW Sync is finally totally borked on my PC at work. Don't know if they pushed new virus changes through or what but while my PC and Evo see each other (plugging it in fires up Sync on the PC) it simply won't perform a Sync anymore.

As we run Notes here I'm a bit more limited in non-HTC-sync alternatives (compared to Exchange users) but recently found AweSync. I've been running the (30 day limit) demo for a few days now and am very impressed. The main thing I need to sync is my calendar and AweSync takes my Notes calendar entries and syncs them with my Google calendar which, of course, my Evo then picks up. I'm ready to drop the $19.99 right now but will let it go a little longer to make sure no glitches pop up.

Good luck with HTC Sync - what I described above used to work for me. One other thought is to check the settings for USB debugging. You may need to flip it to the opposite of whatever you currently have set.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews