• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync unmounted my SD Card

bertles86

Oct 22, 2010
Hi folks,

I'm using an HTC Desire on Froyo and version 3.0.5422 of HTC Sync.

It all installed fine, I connected by USB, and selected HTC Sync as the connection on my phone.

Then I went to sync an iTunes playlist onto my 32gb Kingston SD Card.

It started then an 'Unknown Error' occurred.

My SD Card was then unmounted in the phone, with a notification at the top. I rebooted the phone, and it was still unmounted. So I popped the cover, took out battery and card and tried again. No luck.

Then I went into settings and tried to Mount from there, no luck.

So it remains unmounted and the phone won't sync as it thinks there is no card present.

Any ideas?

g'day, my htc desire with froyo did the same thing when htcsync updated, the message that i get coming up

"You connected a device with no storage card. A storage card is required to sync media content and documents.
click ok to sync applications and other information to this device."

i tried formatting my 32GB sd card, but this didn't work, i also tried using the original 2GB card that came with the phone, but got the same error message.

any suggestions?

**EDIT - my htcsync version is 3.0.5481**

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones