• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync - Where's my stuff?

JimSmith94

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Irving, TX USA
As a recent convert from Windows Mobile with ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center, I chose the Evo expecting HTC Sync to work at least as well to keep everything synchronized.

I have since learned to be sure I have a fresh Outlook backup before I start, because HTC Sync has wiped out the calendar and contacts on my phone and PC before.

I can usually get People and Calendar to sync okay now, but do the Bookmark and Gallery syncs work for anyone? I have both turned on, but never see any results.

According to the program, Gallery is supposed to copy my "device Camera shots to PC". "File will be saved to /My Photos/Device Camera Shots". I've searched my whole PC and don't have either of those directories anywhere. If I create them, will it work? If so, where should they be created?

I have it set to "Sync all bookmarks from Firefox", but when I open the Internet app on the Evo, there are no bookmarks. The browser acts like it's Opera, but there is no Help/About to confirm that. Is there another browser that HTC Sync is copying them to?

Just in case anyone else is wondering where to find the synced photos, they are at
C:\Users\[My User Name]\Documents\My Photos\Device Camera Shots
Thanks for that! :D On my Windows 7 box, that path also translates to [My User Name]\My Documents\My Photos\Device Camera Shots.

I have show hidden files and folders on now, so I guess that's why I couldn't find it before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones