• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync / Windows 7

Unseen

Nov 8, 2009
Getting this error during install of HTC Sync 2.08 (from their site)

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

My specs:
HTC Droid Eris (Verizon)
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Outlook 2007

HTC Sync still installs regardless of error and still opens up, but always shows disconnected status. I have the phone plugged in via usb and I select "synchronize htc" option. It cannot find the software on my Windows 7. I even uninstalled it, then reinstalled in Vista compatibility mode, same problem.

Any ideas? I am running as administrator in W7.

Also, how come there is no Facebook icon in home > programs (that up icon on bottom left side of "phone" button)? How can I add Facebook icon there to the grid?

Getting this error during install of HTC Sync 2.08 (from their site)

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

My specs:
HTC Droid Eris (Verizon)
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Outlook 2007

HTC Sync still installs regardless of error and still opens up, but always shows disconnected status. I have the phone plugged in via usb and I select "synchronize htc" option. It cannot find the software on my Windows 7. I even uninstalled it, then reinstalled in Vista compatibility mode, same problem.

Any ideas? I am running as administrator in W7.

Also, how come there is no Facebook icon in home > programs (that up icon on bottom left side of "phone" button)? How can I add Facebook icon there to the grid?

Follow this guide on getting windows 7 and HTC sync on the same page..
Workaround for HTC Hero Sync Problem in Windows 7 My Digital Life

As for the facebook problem.. I have no idea :( Don't have a droid..

Upvote 0
A new version (2.0.18) was released today. It's still a 32-bit program but 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 are included and installed. Installation here went perfectly and the new Win7_x64 drivers were used in preference to my previous Vista_x64 ones.

Your post's dated 1/13/10, but all I see at HTC's site is version 2.0.8 (point-zero-eight, not point-ONE-eight) with a release date of 11/05/09. I just upgraded to W7 from Vista and all I need the 32-bit HTC Sync. WTF do I not get?

Upvote 0
Don't know how you found that, but thanks for sleuthing it out!

Pure chance - I went there to get a link for something else. ;)

Dumb question, maybe: Is the Eris essentially the same as the Hero in terms of software requirements like Sync?

Afaik, the handset makes no difference. If it uses HTC Sync currently then the latest version should work just fine.

Upvote 0
Pure chance - I went there to get a link for something else. ;)

That's my sense, that finding what you need from HTC can seem like a crapshoot. Make no mistake, no one ever accused me of being tech-savvy, but on a telephone support call around this very issue, I was told by HTC that the reason I didn't see the Eris as a phone choice was that I went looking for the Sync info at HTC.com rather than at HTC.com/us. (Well how stupid am I! Considering there was no obvious indication I was at the "global" site and I was never prompted as to what country I needed to be in.)

Upvote 0
I have windows 7 -64 bit and using Office 2007

I used this one:
HTC Sync upgrade for HTC Magic, Hero &Tattoo

installed it... (it does kick an error... but it does install)

and I have to go to

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging ON

Then I plugged the phone into the computer... and updated the driver from:

this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Win7_x64

Upvote 0
This is what i had to do after trying everything under the sun.

My computer kept identifying it as an unrecognized device no matter how many times i installed the drivers or sync software, didnt matter which version.

Finally went to the device manager and chose "Install Legacy Device" > show all devices> then chose to install drivers myself. selected the correct win7 64bit drivers from the htc folder, finished installation and restarted computer. works just fine now. hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones