• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync won't find ADB drivers

I have a month-old Desire HD which has worked fine so far. But I tried to instal HTC Sync on my laptop running Vista SP2 and ran into problems.

After downloading and installing Sync (3.0.5517) from HTC.com, I'm repeatedly told that ADB installation has failed (see screen clip below). Nothing I do can find this driver - where is it? Why isn't it included with HTC Sync? And what is it anyway?

Thanks for any pointers here - but I can't speak programming languages and I won't be able to handle any highly technical stuff. This ought to be really simple, shouldn't it? :p

Attachments

• 2 ADB installation fail confirmed.JPG
    2 ADB installation fail confirmed.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 76
I got similar error messages when I installed on Win 7, but after a reboot, the phone connected successfully. Plug it in, just to make sure.

There is a version on the SD Card the phone came with. If you connect the phone to the PC, select HTC Sync on the phone, it should automatically install from the SD Card. You could also try that.

Alternatively, if all else fails, you could go with MyPhoneExplorer which is a much better app than HTC Sync anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones