1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

HTC Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wej1976, May 24, 2010.

1. wej1976

wej1976 Active Member

May 6, 2010
    Hello,

Only had my Desire for a couple of and am finding it to be an amazing phone (previous was a SE K850i) However am finding the sync software that comes with it to be troublesome.

I can connect easily enough using the "Disk Drive" option and can browse the SD Card with no issues. When I try and connect using the HTC Sync option I get an alert at the top that says "USB Debugging Connected" is this normal?

It opens up the PC software where I can configure it sync to outlook, I've selected which folders I want it to sync to but when I do a sync it goes through all the motions but syncs nothing.

Any Ideas?

Just a FYI I'm using google contacts and Calender, does this mean as the phone is syncing with google it cant also sync with outlook?

HTC Sync is version 2.0.33

I can use the application installer fine via the HTC Sync software so I know the connection exists.

Cheers for any pointers

Will

Advertisement

2. PJD007

PJD007 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I also get the USB debugging when connecting a desire to HTC sync.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Does seem to sync but it seems odd that it goes into debug mode.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I get it too. I had to toggle it on and off, disconnect, reconnect etc just to get sync to initially recognise the desire. I havent tried it since to see if it works though.

Tags: