1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC synchronize with microsoft outlook NOT Possible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by khalpay, Aug 22, 2010.

1. khalpay

khalpay Member

May 14, 2010
    Manager
    Turkey
    Dear friends,
    HTC sync programme only recognize and synchronize the PEOPLE who are entered under " PHONE " section while opening contact card.

I have hundreds of contacts appearing under " Google account section "

I can not remove them to the PHONE section therefore I can not synchronize to microsoft outlook.

I have tried to back up as VCF file by using
    HTC menu - Home-- People -- Import/Export to SD card ; it does 2 back-up file
    1- for People section ( 33 people )
    2- for google account section ( 348 people )

I tried to import this VCF file to the microsoft outlook but google account Vcf can not accepted by the programme only gives 1 person address card, in fact while backing up I have seen 348 people have been backed up.

Pls help me , how to back up my people all of them to the microsoft outlook safely.

appreciate for yr kind help
    hasan/turkey

Advertisement

2. auswill

auswill Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Id say the easiest way would be to go into Gmail via PC browser - export all your contacts to a csv file, then import into outlook.
    You will still have the problem of duplicate phone / google contacts though. Id recommend sticking to 1 main source - less headaches.
    I used to sync with outlook - gave up on that - my main source is now Gmail.

3. khalpay

khalpay Member

May 14, 2010
    Manager
    Turkey
    dear auswill

I could not understand " to go into Gmail via PC browser - export all your contacts to a csv file, then import into outlook."

Can you pls instruct how to do " go into Gmail via PC browser " ??

thanks alot
    hasan

4. auswill

auswill Member

Oct 16, 2009
    You mentioned you have heaps of contacts under Google so I assumed you have a gmail account. If so, log into gmail like you would normally do, go to CONTACTS, and export.

Tags: