1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC Tbolt or Droid Charge???? (Very torn)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Mrdroid921, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Male
    N CEE!
    I have no idea which of these to pick. I have heard the Tbolt doesn't have very good voice quality and low speaker/earpiece volume. I also hear it has less then perfect battery life. With the Droid charge, I seen that it's not as fast and lower quality in terms of feel. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Most android phones have less than perfect battery life on the stock settings

3. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Honestly my advice is to go into the store and spend a little time playing with and exploring both phones 1st hand. Both phones are nice devices, but ultimately its going to be up to your preferences as to which one you like best for you individually.

4. twall06

twall06 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    analyst
    clarksville tn
    I agree go to the store play with all the android devices not just those two. I thought i knew what i wanted but after playing with it I didnt like the setup at all and picked a different device.

5. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Well, it depends really on what you want in a phone. I also suggest you try looking in the store yourself but let me provide some information on the differences between the phones so that you can make an informed decision.

The Droid Charge has a Super AMOLED Plus display and the Thunderbolt has a TFT-LCD. You might notice deeper more saturated color in the Charge; Some people like this, other people don't.

The Droid Charge has 2GB internal memory while the Thunderbolt has 8GB of internal memory. They both support SD cards of up to 32GB.

Here is a comparison so you can see some other differences:
    Compare phones: HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Droid Charge - Phone Arena

I'd also recommend looking at the Droid X2. If I were with Verizon that's the phone I would get.

EDIT:
    Here is an updated comparison with the Droid X2 added, just in case you're interested I though I'd save you the time.
    Compare phones: HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Droid Charge, Motorola DROID X2 - Phone Arena

6. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Thats the phone I recommended to my gf :)

7. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    In my opinion it'd be pretty much 'the phone to have' on Verizon if I had to buy one tomorrow.

8. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2008
    I don't think I'd purchase a phone from Verizon, at this time, without LTE.

This is a phone I assume you're going to keep for two years... that's a LONG time, and their 4G network is simply amazing, and getting better (more areas, bugs worked out)

I can't BELIEVE how fast browsing, downloading apps, etc. is on the 4G network. Every review puts Verizon's 4G at the head of the class in performance... even when you use it to tether, the device hooked up to your 4G phone has blazingly fast network speeds!

As far as sound goes, I don't have any problems with the sound volume on the TB at all. Battery life is a concern, if you're not able to charge in your car or home/office.

I have not really played with the Charge, but I'd rather have Sense then Samsung's OS overlay, and 8GB compared to 2GB internal memory is quite a difference. I do hear that the display of the Charge is gorgeous.

Good luck!