• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC - Terrible customer service

No one wants to hear your claims of "terrible service" - I happen to think HTC has been amazingly responsive addressing problems with the Eris (even if they dont individually respond to each one) - but maybe you are correct - however your point wuld be much better received if you actually stated what your "issues" were....besides providing credibility to your thread, you might actually also get a solution - I admit it is probably just more fun for you to bitch

Upvote 0
Hi -

Long time lurker. I have had an eris for awhile and numerous issues. I have sent 10 tweets and 4 emails to HTC and tried calling 5 times and keep getting disconnected. Someone picks up and then gone.

So, they can stick the Eris right up there a$$!

I have had it with them!

/rant

LOL! A helpful bunch here.

Yes I did. If I want to get irritated at stupidity I visit the verizon store.

Or apparently post on this site. Any other idiotic questions?

Ok, so you have been lurking here a long time (relative term, but I will assume that you mean more than a day or two) and you actually expected for the people on this forum to just jump in agree with you? While lurking, did you actually take the time to read anything? Any of the threads in this section of the forum perhaps? If so, you either have absolutely zero reading comprehension or are incredibly stupid. You post a complaint about your phone with no explanation of your problem. Then come back to say that your biggest problem is with youtube? Seriously? Youtube? You complain that HTC's customer service is horrible because they didn't answer your tweets. Who in the hell contacts customer serivice through twitter? Did you try facebook? I am sure they want to hear from you too. You then say that the people at Verizon and on this forum are stupid? Really? Have you been reading "How to make friends and influence people"? If so, take it back and get a refund.

If you are not a troll then you need to run as fast as you can back to Verizon and return your phone. When the device is smarter than you, things don't work out well.

Upvote 0
Well, I guess I have to list all of the problems now.......

-Volume up button randomly stops working.
-Bluetooth stopped working yesterday while driving. My city has a law against using phone. Has to be handsfree.
-Youtube is bothersome since my daughter loves to watch elmo on it.
-Keyboard lag is unreal. Much worse than iphone
-Gmail push works intermittently.

I did not ask for support via tweets. I asked questions via tweet and never got a response which is absurd. I asked for support via email and by attempting to call.

Sorry I am not 12. Never read that book. Dont consider a half working phone to be near my intelligence, possibly a fully functioning phone might :)

I tried to get help quick but they ended call before I got to say a word.

Of course, I am sure someone will find something in this post to come back on me about. So have fun!

Upvote 0
Well, I guess I have to list all of the problems now.......

-Volume up button randomly stops working.
-Bluetooth stopped working yesterday while driving. My city has a law against using phone. Has to be handsfree.
-Youtube is bothersome since my daughter loves to watch elmo on it.
-Keyboard lag is unreal. Much worse than iphone
-Gmail push works intermittently.

I did not ask for support via tweets. I asked questions via tweet and never got a response which is absurd. I asked for support via email and by attempting to call.

Sorry I am not 12. Never read that book. Dont consider a half working phone to be near my intelligence, possibly a fully functioning phone might :)

I tried to get help quick but they ended call before I got to say a word.

Of course, I am sure someone will find something in this post to come back on me about. So have fun!

I'm trying to figure out why you haven't returned or exchanged the phone yet. Some of the stuff you describe are software glitches, others are hardware problems and only replacement will fix them.

FWIW, it is helpful in the beginning to list the problems you are having so that others don't think you are started a bitch session. Which is how it came off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones