• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC :: Text to Speech (vice versa)

I just got the HTC Aria Phone along with a Blue Ant S4. The HTC is great but the BlueAnt S4 says that the current version of the android OS (2.1) does not support Text-to-speech or vice versa... When an incoming call shows up I can accept or decline via voice command, but it is impossible to prompt the BlueAnt S4 to make an outgoing call, compose a text message, or find navigation directions while I'm driving in my car. Without this capability the BlueAnt S4 completely hands-free makes my phone NOT hands-free -- I still have to touch my phone, waste of money without this function...

Does any one know if there is an application to download that can beat the need for an upgraded android operating system?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones