1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC thank you for your greatness of this phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sc0pe92, Sep 11, 2011.

1. sc0pe92

sc0pe92 Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Well long story short... I was on my ATV and went through a huge puddle with the phone in my bag not noticing till the end of the day my inspire was soaked in mud/water and what do you know yes I thought my Inspire was in HTC Heaven... after about a week of letting it sit in rice I try to fire it back up and it was a no go still dead... after numerous of hopes and dreams of putting it back into the charger and seeing the orange light glow still there was no hope... Yesterday for the hell of it I put it in the charger and to a miracle the orange light lit up I couldnt believe it I restored all my contacts, tested everything on the phone and works like a charm. I even have the red water indicator. So guys if you ever accidently drop your phone in water wait about a month and dont give up hope this phone is a trooper and the HTC gods wanted to let my inspire live to see another day!

Advertisement

2. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Honduras
    Its good to know you rescued your Inspire, and thanks for sharing this here. In case that happens to any of us, we know you made it.

Something similar happened to me with a Nokia E71. I jumped (drunk) into a pool with my clothes on and forgot to take my phone out of the pocket. I took the battery off, I let the phone at daylight for a whole day but it still didnt turned on that night. After a week I tried back again and it just turned on, like nothing happened. Some manufacturers take it seriously with the hardward, Nokia and HTC are one of those.

3. sc0pe92

sc0pe92 Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    I also have a E71x as my backup that phone is built tough but yeah guy keep faith in your inspire and dont give up trying if you drop it in water