1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Thunderbolt Favorites Widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickthehuk, Apr 1, 2011.

1. nickthehuk

nickthehuk Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2011
    I am not sure what to make of the Favorites group widget on the HTC Thunderbolt. When I set up my favorites, I could click on them and I would get all of their contact information. However, if I texted them or called them, the next time I would click on their picture, it would go to my last call action (text or call) and I would not be able to pull up their contact info from the widget. Any ideas???

Thanks

Advertisement

2. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    it sets it to a default action when you pick that. you have to go into your contact, hit menu, hit more (...), then set widget action to change it

i don't know why it only lets you pick one thing.

3. robrecht

robrecht Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Senior Manager, Scientific Communications (pharmac
    I just put individual contacts on one screen. You can fit 16 contacts. Each contact can be programmed to always to the same thing, eg, call mobile number, or you can program it to pull up the full contact and then choose whichever way of contacting them you want. You can also use whatever order you want besides alphabetical. For example, I group family and work contacts separately.

Chose customize (Palette), Shortcut, Person, select the contact, then choose View contact, Call Mobile, etc. There's also a Quick contact option that you might want to experiment with. It is more visual, and has some additional options, with some limitations on phone number, and it takes another step to get into the full Contact.