1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Thunderbolt Shows $749.99 Off-Contract Price in Best Buy

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 10, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

A new internal screen scooped from Best Buy is showing some distressing info about the HTC Thunderbolt No, it has nothing to do with a delayed or not delayed launch that could happen on February 14th or 24th. Instead, it concerns the average retail pricing of the Thunderbolt off-contract. Best Buy has this pegged at [...]

More...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brownhornet

brownhornet Android Enthusiast

LMAO... Best Buy can go jump off a cliff. Then again they always price their phones super high.

3. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast

The US is slowly turning into Europe. Soon the gas prices will be that way too. Most other countries pay $5-8 per gallon of gasoline and $700-1000 for a cell phone off contract. Unless things change, and soon, we're going to be there. It's an unfortunate reality.

4. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Android Enthusiast

I cant see whole article at work, but I have a question...

Even if I dont live near a 4g/ NFL city will i still have to pay more than my usual $29 data plan??.. I really want this when my upgrades come up but im not gonna dish out for 4g if it wont be here till 2013....

5. brownhornet

brownhornet Android Enthusiast

I dont think Verizon has confirmed whether or not they're going to charge extra for LTE on their phones yet.

6. sarstube

sarstube Member

so i guess that means the etf is around $315?

200 phone + 35 activation - 750 off contract= 315

7. Some wholesale vendor charge $750 for new device months before released to public. But far as BB goes they can F themselves I mean who buy phone from them? As they make money of contract with higher etf + cost of device. Its cheaper to just buy it direct subsidize as I always do then again I am pro GSM only if TB wasn't CDMA it would have been my HD2 replacement which I paid 750 :p got the Leo1024 4months before TMo dropped it.