• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Update available 01 12 2010

I'm on Orange and have got the update notification which my phone downloads and asks me if I want to install. When I click yes it re-boots the phone but then seems to get stuck in a perpetual loop and asks me again if I want to install the downloaded file?

I have been through the loop about 3 times and each time the same. Checked my software setting and it says I'm still on 2.17.61.2 (the update is 2.17.61.3) so I guess
it hasn't installed properly but I do have a "related tab" when I go to the android market as mentioned by the poster above me now. Will try again tomorrow but have no idea what the update is for?

Upvote 0
Yes its broken SMTP email for me!!!
Deletes new mail off server since the update when set to leave it there
Its doing my head in as my email is now in two places or was until I deleted the account and reset up and its the same.
Starting to do my head in :mad::mad:
I thought Orange testing ws supposed to be good, this is bog standard stuff that should just work.

Not happy
Anyone else found this
J

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones