• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc Update??? Power Saver?

Poshey22

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
got a new update for htc one x tonight and came with a power saver function any idea what it does and is it worth keeping it turned on all the time or will it stop apps? my battery seens to dies in a few hours have every thing turned off wifi location settings etc any tips or what about this new power saving thing? no settings for it do ?

hi again checked batteru thing and no sign of it im from ireland and on o2 network like will factory reset delete all updates??? i have blue tooth wifi location settings all off deleted that weather app and installed advanced task killer might get that juice defender today ment to be good gonna see how the phone goes today on power saver any idea if its any good ?

Upvote 0
A Factory reset just wipes the data & cache partitions, so basically, anything you've put on there. The software will still be JellyBean and anything on the SD Card will remain untouched. :)

I'd also let the phone handle task/power management. Try uninstalling Advanced Task Killer (it actually does more harm than good) and Juice Defender, you might find battery life improves a little.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones