• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Virtual Keyboard Install pack

I tried searching the forum about this, cause I could have sworn I saw a thread about it, but I couldn't find it. I installed the Swype keyboard when that came out, but from the beginning what I was hoping would come out was the HTC virtual keyboard. I used that on the Eris and i feel like it's much better than the droid keyboard. I feel like it's been around so long that theres gotta be an install file around the internet, but a lot are broken links. I'm not sure where else to look. Anyone have a copy?

I'm sorry, I probably should have mentioned the fact that I'm not rooted. I installed the swype keyboard by just placing it on my sd card and using astro to unpack and install it. I am looking for a similar method for the htc keyboard as I am not looking to root in the near future. Thank you for your help thus far though!

There is a thread about it here.
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/47306-high-res-htc_ime.html

And the download and instructions are here.
[APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (23rd February: hihres v9, lowres v4) - xda-developers

Install both .apks just like Swype and enjoy! Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Not only helps, but did exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you so much man, I've been itching for the HTC keyboard for a long time. It's phenomenal! I think it might replace swype for a little while.

As a random side note, I tried to do the install from my desktop and then put it on the SD card, and it didn't install ( I only dragged over the APK files though so that might have been an issue), so I downloaded from the phone browser and it went perfectly! Just wanted to say that in case anyone else has the same issue.

Once again, thank you so much Nader! You've greatly improved my enjoyment of my phone! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones